About the Opportunity
KingSett Capital is seeking an Analyst or Associate to join the Mortgage and Underwriting team. This role will appeal to you if you possess a true sense of ownership, take great pride in the quality of work you do and demonstrate integrity, humility, and respect in every interaction. You are a solutions-oriented team player, have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy working in a fast-paced, transparent environment.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities of the Role
- Actively manage a portfolio of construction and term financing investments across Canada from initial underwriting and funding through to maturity.
- Review broker/borrower information packages, evaluate and analyze information and prepare underwriting models to support potential mortgage investments including but not limited to senior, junior, construction and income producing property financing.
- Conduct investment analysis including: verify accuracy of broker/borrower information, assess capacity of borrower, create/populate financial models to support investment decisions, analyze borrower and guarantor financial statements, attend site visits, and assess suitability of all of the forgoing in context of corporate risk tolerance.
- Work closely with the originators to structure potential mortgage investments and recommend for approval from the President and CIO and Group Head, Mortgage Investments at the weekly credit committee meetings.
- Actively manage and review renewals/amendments of the construction and commercial portfolio.
- Manage existing accounts, borrower relationships, third party consultants, solicitors and syndicate partners.
- Monitor the portfolio of construction loans, inventory loans and commercial loans to ensure that the loans are performing as stipulated by the approved terms.
- Minimum 2-5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in the commercial mortgage industry and with a regulated financial institution.
- Undergraduate Degree in business or a related field.
- Solid Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to understand complex business structures and transactions.
About KingSett Capital
KingSett is Canada’s leading Private Equity Real Estate Investment company with a $19 billion portfolio ($17.5B AUM) and a track record of consistently delivering superior returns. The company is highly entrepreneurial, nimble footed and has built a solid reputation over several decades. KingSett has a robust decarbonization program for many of its core income producing assets and dedicates a significant amount of resources to investing in the sustainability and resilience of its portfolio. For more information about KingSett please see our website at www.kingsettcapital.com.
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly submit your resume in confidence via email to [email protected]. Your resume should be in PDF format with “Analyst or Associate” as the email’s subject.
KingSett Capital is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).